I’m Jody, and I’m a Trauma-Informed Coach and Certified Crisis Responder. I am a three time suicide survivor, and I live with a handful of mental health illnesses. I too, am on my own healing journey, and have learned a multitude of different coping skills for times when I am suffering with my depression and anxiety, and also for times of crisis. Many of these tools are rooted in traditional talk therapy methods, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and many of them have helped me immensely.
Along my path, I have often found myself frustrated with the formality of therapy. I have learned a lot. I have felt heard. I have even felt compassion from a therapist, but the one thing I craved and never received, was empathy. Most people can have compassion towards someone, or towards a situation, but in order to be truly empathetic, you have to have gone through a similar experience or trauma. Empathy cannot be learned in a text book; it can only be learned from experience.
As both a trauma informed coach and survivor, I have the skills to support you on your journey, and the empathy to understand your struggles. Being a coach allows me to share my experiences and my knowledge. I help my clients shift their thinking to replace negative thoughts and coping mechanisms, with healthier perspectives and a new toolbox of coping techniques, thereby causing a shift in how they view both themselves, and the world. I will provide you with a safe, nonjudgmental, and trustworthy space to share your story.
My empathy, understanding, and knowledge have helped countless people work through their trauma to live happier, more fulfilled lives. Let go of the trauma with qualified help and understanding. You don’t have to walk this path alone.
You can use the Contact Form to set up your free consultation.
Trauma Informed Coaching Sessions:
- $25 per session. (Discount for booking a month or more)
- 45 min – 60 min Private Sessions through Zoom.
- Daily texts and emails of support and encouragement.
- Learn skills from CBT, DBT and Emotive Based Therapies.
- Flexibility to work around your needs and schedule.
Crisis Peer Support:
- Hours available: 9am – 10pm (EST)
- $5 for 10 minutes.
- Immediate Crisis support for suicidal ideation via Zoom or Facetime.
- We will work together to get you through the height of the suicidal crisis.
- Learn new skills to help you better cope when in crisis.
- We will make a suicide/crisis safety plan.